Palm springs, wa
Meteoric plans to acquire the Palm Springs gold project in the the Halls Creek Orogen of Western Australia, subject to the completion of satisfactory due diligence.
Palm Springs is an advanced exploration play with past production, spectacular drill intercepts and historic resources. The acquisition includes 20km of prospective strike, covering more than 12,500ha with more than 60 known gold occurrences outside the Butchers Creek Mine – which historically produced 52,000oz gold.
Mining at the Butchers Creek mine ceased amid historically low gold prices in the late 1990s and there has been little to no modern exploration since that time.
Historic drilling beneath the shallow Butchers Creek mine indicates substantial ore zones beneath the pit floor including both thick mineralised envelopes and narrower, very high‐grade zones, with significant intercepts within unmined zones below the base of the open pit including:
- BCP036 – 68m @ 2.5g/t Au from 44m
- BCR250 – 19m @ 8.8 g/t Au from 56m
- BCRC180 – 14m @ 7.5 g/t Au from 82m
- BCP017 – 50m @ 3.31 g/t Au from 50m
- BCD230 – 7m @ 4.2 g/t Au & 8m @ 17.4 g/t Au from 49m
- BCD232 – 6m @ 21.2 g/t Au from 60m
- BCD336 – 38m @ 2.4 g/t Au from 170m
- BCRC318 – 29m @ 3.9 g/t Au from 113m.
Mineralisation is open at depth and down plunge to the south with structural repetitions of the host unit across the project vastly increasing the potential strike length.
Northern Star Resources Ltd completed drilling and a Mineral Resource (non JORC 2012) at the Golden Crown and Faugh‐a‐Ballagh prospect, ~4km northeast of Butchers Creek – best results included:
- GCP017 – 2m @ 174.7 g/t Au from 12m
- GCD011 – 5m @ 4.9 g/t Au including 0.4m @ 47.2 g/t Au from 126.6m
- GCP012 – 2m @ 11.4 g/t Au from 97m
- GCD010 – 0.8m @ 501.1 g/t Au from 23m.
The Project presents immediate drilling targets beneath a previously producing mine as well as encompassing substantial brownfields exploration targets along 20km of prospective strike. MEI geologists will collect data and engage with local groups in preparation for a drill program that will commence at Butchers Creek as soon as practicable.